Our Cases Listed below are examples of our cases, mostly recent but including some older but particularly notable ones. For confidentiality reasons, we are not able to publish a comprehensive list of all cases in which our barristers and solicitors have participated. Please click on the dropdown arrow to view the cases associated with each area of expertise.
- New York Laser Company Ltd v Naturastudios Ltd
- New York Laser Clinic Ltd v NATURASTUDIOS Ltd
- Plantation v Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC: 2013 to date
- Clutterbuck v Cleghorn
- Citicorp International Ltd v Shiv-Vani Oil & Gas Exploration Services Ltd
- Bank of India v Riat
- Mahtani v Sippy
- Abbar v Saudi Economic Development
- Komal v Litt Corp Ltd
- Schwebel v Schwebel
 EWHC 2892 (QBD)
 11 WLUK 215 (QBD)
Cerulean commercial barrister, Juliette Levy, won a damages and costs award of more than £4m in a claim for breach of a collateral contract and negligent misstatement involving the supply of faulty laser equipment to a chain of body-treatment salons.
Following the making of the award, and failure by the defendant promptly to pay the damages and costs, Juliette obtained a without notice worldwide freezing order from a high court judge against the defendant and 4 other parties including an individual under the court’s Chabra jurisdiction. She referred the court to the recent decision of the Court of Appeal in Emmot v. Michael Wilson & Partners  4 WLR 53 and exceptionally persuaded it not to permit the respondents any allowance from the freezing order for day to day expenditure, the judge finding that there was an inference of dishonesty to be drawn from the defendant director’s pre-trial conduct.
- Halpern v Halpern
- Lygoe (t/a David Parry & Co) v Ilsley
- Cavenagh v William Evans Ltd
- Premier Telesports Ltd v The Racecourse Association Ltd & Ors
- Berry Trade Ltd v Moussavi (No.2)
- Westminster City Council v Porter (No.1 & No.2)
- Platt v Platt
 Q.B. 195: Dispute involving enforcement of compromise agreement embedded in an arbitration award – Conflict of laws, the applicability of Shamil Bank, arbitration agreements, restitution, duress, breach of contract, rescission.
 Q.B. 88: Whether the agreement can be rescinded on grounds of duress when the alleged victim could not offer substantial restitution in integrum. Juliette acted for the Claimant.
- Dean Murphy v (1) Jayshree Ltd (2) Jayashree Shajahani Murphy
2013: Confidential advice to BVI corporate client in the UK regarding company reporting obligations in BVI.
- Abdelrahman Abdullah Abbar & Abdulkarim Abbar v Saudi & Economic Development Co (Sedco) Real Estate Ltd (a company incorporated under the laws of Anguilla) & 5 Ors
- Clutterbuck & Paton v Sarah Al Amoudi
- Dadourian Group Litigation
 EWHC 2132 (Ch): Stuart led Juliette in successfully resisting an application to strike out investor claim for fraudulent misrepresentation arising from the Pinnacle development in the City.
& Public Law
- Aspinall (t/a Oxford Retail Consultants) v Revenue and Customs Commissioners
- Allen v Financial Services Authority
- Arqiva Ltd & Ors v Everything Everywhere Ltd, OPCS & Ors
- Re: Deep Vein Thrombosis and Air Travel Group Litigation
- Porter v Magill
 S.T.I. 1744: Stuart appeared for the taxpayer in an application relating to jurisdiction and legitimate expectation. HMRC withdrew their petition and were refused their costs.