Our Cases Listed below are examples of our cases, mostly recent but including some older but particularly notable ones. For confidentiality reasons, we are not able to publish a comprehensive list of all cases in which our barristers and solicitors have participated. Please click on the dropdown arrow to view the cases associated with each area of expertise.
- New York Laser Clinic Ltd v NATURASTUDIOS Ltd
- Plantation v Dubai Islamic Bank PJSC: 2013 to date
- Clutterbuck v Cleghorn
- Citicorp International Ltd v Shiv-Vani Oil & Gas Exploration Services Ltd
- Bank of India v Riat
- Mahtani v Sippy
- Abbar v Saudi Economic Development
- Komal v Litt Corp Ltd
- Schwebel v Schwebel
 EWCA Civ 421 (Court of Appeal)
Cerulean successfully resisted an appeal against the permission to amend the claim.
 EWHC 3846 (QBD)
Cerulean persuaded the judge to permit amendment of NYLC’s claim to add a claim for breach of warranty to a claim for negligent misstatement and thereby increase its claim for damages from £400,000 to more than £4.3 million only a few weeks before the trial date.
- Halpern v Halpern
- Lygoe (t/a David Parry & Co) v Ilsley
- Cavenagh v William Evans Ltd
- Premier Telesports Ltd v The Racecourse Association Ltd & Ors
- Berry Trade Ltd v Moussavi (No.2)
- Westminster City Council v Porter (No.1 & No.2)
- Platt v Platt
 Q.B. 195: Dispute involving enforcement of compromise agreement embedded in an arbitration award – Conflict of laws, the applicability of Shamil Bank, arbitration agreements, restitution, duress, breach of contract, rescission.
 Q.B. 88: Whether the agreement can be rescinded on grounds of duress when the alleged victim could not offer substantial restitution in integrum. Juliette acted for the Claimant.
- Dean Murphy v (1) Jayshree Ltd (2) Jayashree Shajahani Murphy
2013: Confidential advice to BVI corporate client in the UK regarding company reporting obligations in BVI.
- Abdelrahman Abdullah Abbar & Abdulkarim Abbar v Saudi & Economic Development Co (Sedco) Real Estate Ltd (a company incorporated under the laws of Anguilla) & 5 Ors
- Clutterbuck & Paton v Sarah Al Amoudi
- Dadourian Group Litigation
 EWHC 2132 (Ch): Stuart led Juliette in successfully resisting an application to strike out investor claim for fraudulent misrepresentation arising from the Pinnacle development in the City.
& Public Law
- Aspinall (t/a Oxford Retail Consultants) v Revenue and Customs Commissioners
- Allen v Financial Services Authority
- Arqiva Ltd & Ors v Everything Everywhere Ltd, OPCS & Ors
- Re: Deep Vein Thrombosis and Air Travel Group Litigation
- Porter v Magill
 S.T.I. 1744: Stuart appeared for the taxpayer in an application relating to jurisdiction and legitimate expectation. HMRC withdrew their petition and were refused their costs.